The following is prohibited in the Do Jang:
- Unsupervised training.
- Profanity, loss of temper, arguing or talking back.
- Horseplay, running, excessive laughing and loud talking.
- Laying down, or leaning against the walls.
- Students must obtain permission from their Master Instructor. before entering competitions or demonstrations.
- Never interrupt your instructor, unless there is an emergency.
- Once students have lined up, wait at attention in the doorway for permission from the Instructor to enter.
- Ask for permission before the Do Jang or using school equipment.
- Always bow to the flags upon entering and exiting the training area.
- When class officialy begins, students should like up according to rank. Highest ranking to the front right facing the Instructor.
- No shoes are to be worn in the training area.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Do Jang (including: eating, drinking or smoking is not permitted at anytime while in uniform).
- Uniforms should be clean and ironed.
- Belts should be tied (equal ends/ stripe on the right hand side) and always worn with uniform.
- Long hair should be tied up and firmly secured. Finger and toenails should be clear and trimmed. Pay attention to personal hygiene (use deodorant).
- Do not leave class early without permission from the Instructor.
- During class respect and discipline must be maintained at all times. Remember the chain of command of rank (senior grade to junior grade) must be followed at all times.
Do Jang Etiquette
- Advanced students must set good examples at all times.
- Be courteous to your instructor and fellow students.
- Always answer: “Yes Ma’am” or “Yes Sir”.
- Address all Leadership Team Members as “Sir” or “Ma’am”.
- Observe and listen when the instructor speaks or explains a technique to someone. This information will often help you improve your own techniques.
- Students should never ask to learn advanced technique or the pattern.
- Do your best to be on time for class!
- Respect should be shown to your training partner (regardless of their rank) at the start and finish of an exercise.
- The do jang should be kept clean at all times; junior students should (without being asked) help maintain the appearance of the do jang.
- Remember that rank advancement will be awarded at the discretion of the Master Instructors. Your attitude and commitment to doing your best play a very important role in rank advancement.